Today has been one of those days where I really wish I had a superhero that could come to my Aid and bring the quick relief. At times I am so dismayed at how ugly humans can be to other humans. Long ago, I was taught by my Dad that it never hurts to smile and it doesn't cost a thing. However, it seems the more I smile at people, the more they become paranoid or suspicious or flirtatious- one or all of the three. It's not really supposed to be a world where everyone scowls and nobody interacts with one another... therefore I need rescued. Some sort of superhero, superhuman, super Spirit or being, needs to find a way to bring more joy into my life. Because, it might be just too difficult for me to find it for myself when I'm surrounded by Grumpy's. Last night, as I was talking to my husband about the different trials I have gone through throughout my childhood and 10 years on into my adulthood, I could only be grateful for the lessons I've learned instead of live with regrets and the things that I may have done or the offenses I may have made. So comma after speaking with my husband, I felt some strange relief. He told me I was good enough, and then I was loved, and everything was going to be ok. I was hopeful. But I also believe that he wouldn't lie to me. So, and some strange Twist of events after I reflected upon my relationship and conversation with my spouse, I came to the conclusion that He Is My Superhero. Jesus Christ Is My Superhero. Followed closely by my husband Asa. Who has ever been so patient and loving toward me when I'm at my most unlovable moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment