Sunday, November 27, 2016

Girls vs. Boys

I come to this blog today in deep thought, fueled by emotion.  I was thinking back on the first time I ever held our first born daughter, and it seemed like it wasn't that long ago.  And now, she is a mother herself...of two wonderful boys.  The experiences I had as a first time Mother were all very new and precious.  I cherished every milestone, and photographed so many moments.  She very rarely had a messy outfit, or diaper.  I catered to her every need, and loved doing so.  My love for her was so strong that I  would stare at her as she slept, kiss her little forehead and thank God for blessing me with a daughter.  Then, we discovered we were having baby number 2!  Oh the joy in our hearts!  When we discovered that we were having another girl, the news was bittersweet.   I knew that I could be a good mom to a little girl, but wanted to experience raising a boy as well.  However,  she came early, and was a sweet, dark haired angel.  Her poor little body didn't  cooperate sometime, because she had sever reflux and some formula allergies.   I  ached for her each time she would nurse and fall into a "milk coma" just to be abruptly awoken by a massive, projectile  reflux attack full of brestmilk that had started to curdle.  It must've been awful for her, because it smelled horrendous!   She eventually became a little better with medicine  and many soothing baths, or massages.  Finally, as she was nearly 2, we had a son.  Let me just say that aside from an occasional  loaded pee as I changed his diaper, this little guy was EASY PEASY!  Perfect,  right??  I  loved our kids, and now had a 1st grader, a 2 year old and a newborn son.  The first grader took the position of bossy little "second mom" and loved to help out.  There were many times  we would give her suggestions  and she "knew" and quite often rolled her eyes and said "I know, I know!" The 2 year old was very curious and quiet and often got herself into certain messy situations that typical 2 year olds get into.  Peanut butter, chocolate syrup, make-up and yes...scissors.  She was also becoming  more independent  and wanted to "do it herself" and loved making sure we heard her when she said..."NO!"  The little guy just loved to cuddle, and gave us the best smiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment