Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Birthday Schmurthday!
Today was my birthday. Quite uneventful by any standard. Most years I would get breakfast in bed, a nice birthday meal, homemade gifts from the kids, and always... cake! This year, nothing. The kids were consumed in taking advantage of the last day of summer because school begins tomorrow. So, it was a "pity party" for me. I went to my room and took a long nap. Before the day was through, I got a call from my youngest brother. He encouraged me to cheer up, love myself & my life...and to focus on being thankful for my Mom who went through labor 20 (or so) years ago. Calling Mom was just what I needed! Afterall, without her, I'd have NO birthday to celebrate. She is who I should celebrate and thank each year on my birthday. What a blessing she is! I "spose" you could say it was one of my best birthdays, except for not having cake...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment